Monday, February 2, 2009

The Week Of Waiting Is Over

When you apply for Unemployment Insurance the first week is a waiting week. At first this seemed silly, but now I have a better understanding of this week of waiting.

Last week I wrote about how awful it made me feel to apply for unemployment benefits. However, seven short days later, that feeling has disappeared. I'm not sure exactly what is to blame for the change of heart. Perhaps it was the level of difficulty of actually finding a new job in this economy, or my bank account plummeting. For whatever reason, I have gotten over myself and began falling in love with the idea of that "free government money."

Now my only worry today is that the freelance gig I am going to embark on today doesn't earn me so much money that the government thinks I have fulltime work again.

Next time will be from the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment