Tuesday, October 20, 2009

We need to talk...

I know I haven’t called in a while

I want you to know that I have not been slacking.

We have an honest relationship and I think it’s important that you know that I haven’t gone lazy.

We need to be honest with each other

I think it’s important to let you know I’ve been seeing someone else.

Yes, it’s been work.

No, come on, don’t cry.

I know it’s hard, but you’re not my one and only anymore.

I don’t need you like I did at the beginning of the year.

Don’t give me that now…

Yes, I know you helped me through a very hard time.

No, technically I don’t owe you anything…

Because I’ve paid in previously and will continue to pay in with my future tax dollars, but that’s beside the point.

This isn’t so much an end as it is a beginning.

It’s not going to be the way it was, no…

But I can change… we can change

Yeah, I’ll have a lot of work to do.

I know we’ve been through this before, but this is different, things are really looking up.

What did I say about the crying?

Come on baby, we made it through the tough time, now we get to reap the rewards of our hard work!

Nothing stays the same forever.

Change is good.

This is certainly going to be…

1 comment: